Wednesday, February 8, 2012

" The power of Trust and Mistrust" by Judy Bardwick

Dear Judy,

Thanks for writing an excellent and an inspiring manifesto on "The power of Trust and Mistrust". While reading this manifesto, I felt like reliving my professional life as it brought back memories of actual witnessing of what you wrote. As most of my professional life was spent in turning around struggling and under-perfrming businesses, I had vividly seen the role of mistrust in self-destruction of those organizations. This was quite evident in their compliance culture with heavy handed policies and practices.



In my book "Organizational Turnarounds with a Human touch", I have talked about three mighty anchors of organizational self-destruction which are Failure Addiction, Aesthetic Blindness and Trust Aversion. Without weakening the grip of these self-created anchors, it is impossible to reverse the path of self.destruction. Out of these three anchors, I had experienced that minimizing/eliminating trust aversion is the most difficult, but, also the most rewarding to improve organizational effectiveness. Moving an organization from Trust Aversion to Trust Propensity is covered in my book (Chapter 8,pages129-133 and137-138).



Judy, by exposing the uplifting power of trust and the devastating cruelty of mistrust to individuals and organizations, we can do our part in making other's lives meaningful and worthwhile. I am glad that you will be writing more on this subject. If I can help,assist or participate in any form on this front or in your other e-books , I will be delighted to do that .



Thanks and best regards,

Baldev Seekri



No comments:

Post a Comment